Gilding at Versailles is a must have for gilders! This book was written by the head conservator of Versailles. This is a rare view into the secret world of one of the most illustrious French chateaux’s. The authors did not preserve any secrets and show valuable, time-honored gilding techniques. Spanning 4 centuries, the amount of gilding and restoration done in Versailles is outstanding.
- Classic book for gilders of all levels
- Excellent close-ups
- Includes a section on wood graining and faux marble
- Section on mold-making for frames
- 290 pages- step-by-step instruction
- French/English Text
- Written by Daniel Sievert and Laurent Hissier
For more information, click here.